Dear Parents of 2018–2019 Upper School students,
With just over six months to go before the Berman Upper School Mission to Israel, plans are already well underway and the excitement is beginning to build.
The ten-day trip will include sightseeing, educational programs, community service, and an Israel-wide Berman reunion. The previous missions have been transformative for our students, and we are looking forward to having an incredible time!
At this time, we would like to share a few important pieces of information with you:
What are the dates of the Mission and the basic itinerary?
- The Mission is scheduled to take place from the afternoon of Wednesday, November 14 to midday on Sunday, November 25.
- We will begin with a fabulous four-day stay in the Golan, after which we will be based in Jerusalem for day trips and Shabbat.
- We will provide a much more detailed itinerary towards the end of this school year, but we know that one of the key features will be the opportunity for students to choose from one of the 3-6 daily itineraries in advance.
What is the cost?
Due to the largesse of Mr. and Mrs. Dennis Berman, this trip is very heavily subsidized. The charge for each student is only $850, less than ⅓ of the actual cost. The checks will be due in mid-September.
Travel outside of the Berman Program:
Because of the desire to have a full Berman community experience, it is expected that students participating on the Mission will remain with the group for the entire program. Two evenings are set aside for friends or relatives to visit students on the Mission at the Jerusalem hotel.
What do I need to do now?
There are two main action items for parents at this point:
- Make sure your child has a current passport. Anyone whose passport expires before May 25, 2019 (six months after we return) will need a new passport in order to travel with the Mission.
- Get excited! This is a truly special trip, and even for those students who have been to Israel many times, going with their whole class and the entire Upper School has proved to be a unique and uplifting experience.
We are looking forward to a very successful and enjoyable trip with your children. If you have any questions at this early date, please feel free to contact one of the four of us.
Dr. Joshua Levisohn
Head of School
Rabbi Shimmy Trencher
Mrs. Sharon Roberts
Assistant Principal / Dean of Faculty
Mrs. Miriam Zaghi